Monday, May 23, 2011
1. The circles are cut out from 0.35mm bubblegum latex with an outer diameter of 8cm. I cut out a second circle in the middle of the larger one with a diameter of 4.5cm. This leaves a ring of latex ca. 1.7cm wide (top left).
2. I cleaned both sides with latex cleaner and applied latex milk to both the inner and outer edge of the front and back side. I also cut the ring into two halves for two roses (top right).
3. The next step looks tricky but isn't. I glued the outer circumference onto the inner one to create a ca. 8mm wide strip like the one on the picture (bottom left).
4. I rolled this irregular strip from one end to the other (bottom right).
5. The folded side of the rolled strip now looks similar to a little rose. I applied additional latex milk to the loose end and glued it in a way that the fold goes down to the bottom of the rose (top left).
6. I cut out little leaves from 0.35mm jade green latex (bottom left).
7. Finally I glued the leaves to the bottom of the roses (right).
I would like to see other types of latex flowers. So please send me photos and/or instructions of your creations.